RITES provides comprehensive consultancy services in all aspects of urban transport: planning of integrated multi-mode public transit network; design, engineering and project management of infrastructure; O&M management of Public Transit Systems. The systems include high, medium and light capacity mass rapid rail transit (RRT) and bus rapid transit (BRT) systems. Regional transport studies are undertaken for optimal use of available infrastructure and phased augmentation of facilities for medium and long term. RITES has access to the latest technology in the urban transport systems through partnership with reputed international agencies.
Capability & Resources
RITES has full capability to develop technically feasible, cost effective solutions for multi-modal urban transit systems appropriate to local needs.
Urban Transport Division has around 50 professionals drawn from all the disciplines namely Transport Planning, Traffic Engineering, Transit System Planners, Engineering Design Experts, Construction Experts,Transport Economist, Financial Analyst etc. supported with highly skilled staff. Advance software for transport demand forecasting, alignment design and structural design are available.
- Diagnosis of Intra-urban transit problems.
- Developing short range, medium range and long range solutions for efficient intra-urban transit.
- Traffic & engineering surveys, travel demand forecasting based on local socio-economic conditions & land use planning.
- Design Engineering, Estimation, Construction Supervision and Quality Assurance Services for Mass Transit Systems - Rail based as well as Bus System.
- Planning, design, construction supervision for Transit stations, terminals, Inter-modal Integration and Facility Planning for Transit Systems.
- Implementation of Urban Transport Projects - Financing, Bid Process Management, Project Management Consultancy, Operation & Maintenance.
MR. PIYUSH KANSAL, GGM (Urban Transport)
Tel :- 91-124-2571661, 2818780
Email Id :-
- General Consultancy for Delhi Metro phase III and Bangalore Metro phase I Projects.
- Interim Consultancy for Bangalore Metro Phase II
- Feasibility study & Detailed Project Report for Patna, Guwahati and Kochi Metro Phase-II
- Detailed Project Report for MRTS/RRTS between Ahmedabad & Dholera
- DPR for 3 new Metro corridors of Metro Railway, Kolkata
- Consultancy services for preparation of DPR for Dahisar-Charkop-Bandra-Mankhurd & Khadala-Ghatkopar-Thane-Kasarwadavali Metro Corridors in Mumbai
- Detailed Design Consultancy services for Power supply & 750Vdc third rail traction system for Bangalore Metro Phase II.
- Review of DPR for maintenance depots including Scope of Property Development of Kengeri & Anjanapura Depots of Bangalore Metro
- Feasibility Study for Elevated Rail Corridor in Mumbai
- Master plan for Varkala city, Kerala
- Corridor Improvement for ORR from IIT Gate to NH-8 intersection Traffic Improvement Plan
- DPR for BRT corridors in Delhi
- Integrated transit corridor development & street network connectivity plan for Old Yamuna-Delhi UP border-Gazipur & NH-24 junction
- DPR for bus procurement in Ara, Bihar shariff and Muzaffarpur under JNNURM
- Consultancy services for construction of ROBs in Punjab
- Consultancy services for DPR, Structural Design/Drawings and Tender document for construction of proposed Underpass at Bhai Bala Chowk, Ludhiana.
- General consultancy for DMRC Phase I and Phase II, Delhi Airport Express Line
- Independent Quality Monitor for Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation
- Interim Consultancy for implementation of East-West corridor of MRTS in Kolkata.
- Consultancy for IE Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar Corridor
- Feasibility study and bid process management for implementation of Monorail system in Mumbai.
- DDC of Elevated Metro stations for Delhi Metro Phase II & Bangalore Metro Phase I
- Detailed Design of Byappanahali & Peenya Depot for Bangalore Metro
- Preliminary Engineering cum Traffic surveys (PETS) for new Metro corridors on Metro Railway, Kolkata
- Detailed Project report for Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ corridor, Mumbai
- Revalidation of DPR and Feasibility Report for extended corridor of Regional Rail System, Ahmedabad
- Consultancy Services for Techno-Economic Survey and DPR for new Suburban corridor on Virar-Vasai-Diva-Panvel Section & Fast corridor on CSTM-PNVL section on Central Railway
- Advisory support work for implementation of BRT/ High Capacity Bus System HCBS) in Delhi’s Ambedkar Nagar – Delhi Gate Pilot Corridor.
- Feasibility Study for extension of Metro corridor from Tollygunge to Garia, Kolkata.
- Feasibility Study for Monorail System in New Delhi, Mumbai and Patna.
- Feasibility study for running of 15-car electric multiple unit trains on Mumbai suburban section of Western & Central Railway.
- Transport Demand Forecast study for Delhi
- Comprehensive Traffic and Transportation Plans for Jammu, Srinagar, Bengaluru, Indore, Ludhiana, Chandigarh, Raipur, Ranchi, Noida, Greater Noida and Dehradun